United States Tourist Visa

There are 2 ways for a foreign citizen to enter the United States for tourism or business:

  1. Under the Visa Waiver Program
  2. With a U.S. visitor visa, such as a B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa

About the Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program is a U.S. government program that enables citizens and nationals from 38 countries to enter the United States for business or tourism for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. The advantage of entering the United States under the Visa Waiver program is that you can travel to the United States on short notice. However, not everybody can enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Only citizens of the 38 Visa Waiver countries are eligible to apply, and if approved they can visit the United States for up to 90 days visa-free (only 60 days for Greek citizens). Citizens of all other countries (except Canadian citizens) need to apply for a visa prior to entering the United States. Learn more about the Visa Waiver Program and review a a list of the 38 Visa Waiver countries.

About the B-2 Tourist Visa
Citizens of most countries need a visitor visa (B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa) in order to enter the United States. The visa application process has become more complex over recent years due to increased scrutiny of most applicants. The process of applying for a U.S. visa is completely different than ESTA. The visa application process includes multiple application forms and an in-person interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy. It can be very time-consuming. Amongst a number of requirements, you will be required to provide documentation proofing strong ties to your home country. Entering the United States on a Tourist Visa has several advantages over entering on a Visa Waiver Program, including the option to change status and extend your stay.

Contact us at info@esta.us for more information on how to apply for a U.S. tourist visa.