Disclaimer: ESTA.us provides information about the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. This website is privately-owned and not affiliated with the U.S. Government. We link out to third-party websites that process ESTA applications for an additional processing fee. Visitors can choose between using a private company or the official government portal to submit their travel authorization.

USA Visa - U.S. Visa Requirements for Non-Visa Waiver Countries

Based on the country you entered in the Eligibility Test, you are required to apply for a U.S. visa. You do not qualify to enter the United States under the visa waiver program. Only citizens of the 39 Visa Waiver Countries are allowed to enter the United States visa-free for up to 90 days. All other nationalities (except Canada) are required to apply for a U.S. visa in advance.

About the Visa Waiver Program
The visa waiver program is a U.S. government program that enables citizens and nationals from 39 countries to enter the United States for business or visitor purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. The advantage of entering the United States under the Visa Waiver program is that you can travel to the United States on short notice. However, not everybody can enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. Only citizens of the 39 Visa Waiver countries are eligible to apply, and if approved they can visit the United States for up to 90s day visa-free. Citizens of all other countries (except Canadian citizens) need to apply for a visa prior to entering the United States. Learn more about the Visa Waiver Program and review a list of the 39 Visa Waiver Countries.

About the B-2 Tourist Visa
Citizens of most countries need a visitor visa (B-1 Business Visa or a B-2 Tourist Visa) in order to enter the United States. The visa application process has become more complex over recent years due to increased scrutiny of most applicants. The process of applying for a U.S. visa is completely different than ESTA. The visa application process includes multiple application forms and an in-person interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy. Amongst a number of requirements, you will be required to provide documentation proofing strong ties to your home country. Entering the United States on a Tourist Visa has several advantages over entering on a Visa Waiver Program, including the option to change status and extend your stay.

How to Apply for a U.S. Tourist Visa:
Click here to apply for an ESTA. The application takes on average less than 15 minutes and can be applied for in your native language. When you have completed the form, and email with the ESTA application will be sent to the email that you provided when applying. Check the attached PDF document to be sure your application was approved and that the information you provided is correct.